Random Observations on Life

Random Observations on Life

Over time, owners do resemble their dogs!


This is a blog about a dog. Well not really. This is the more about the ramblings of the dog's dutiful owner, Blue's Dad. Although Blue might be the backdrop of this whole experiment, there's no telling where this trail will lead me. I apologize ahead of time for the randomness of my observations. I've always tended to color outside the lines.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Viva la Difference

I really enjoy diversity in all areas of my life!

When I was a little boy, we only had a black and white TV. Then, when I was about twelve, my parents introduced us to color. Wow! What a difference. Suddenly, all the trees weren't gray and matched what I saw in the real world.

I enjoy that not everyone is the same, I love that some people enjoy sports and some hate them. I love that some folks like dogs for pets and some like lizards. I think it's great that some people are conservative politically and some are disillusioned. I think it is incredible that along side the geniuses in the world who teach us about facts, there are mentally handicapped folks that teach us about ourselves.

I think it is wonderful that when I look down my street, I see Japanese, Hispanic, Vietnamese, Pakistani, Caucasian, Mormon, Catholic, Muslim and ?. I think life would be extremely boring if we all dressed, thought, and spoke alike and drove the same color of car. I even like the fact that some people drive big pick up trucks (although I still don't know why!).

My acceptance of diversity has made it simple to accept an amazing young boy into my home and heart, even though our ethnicity is not the same.

Diversity in thought, opinion, and appearance gives my mortality an interesting color. You may not feel this way, and that different opinion makes us diverse as well.

I appreciate the spectrum with which diversity paints my life.

4 comments:

glen said...

Little Brudder, on this one we are alike. I'm thankful for this also.

JoJudd said...

I like diversity too! I definitley wouldnt mind finding a French man to marry! ;)

mindyluwho said...

"I think it's great that some people are conservative politically and some are disillusioned."

Great line!

I love to people watch and I'm so glad there are so many different types of people to watch!

Blue's Dad said...

JoJudd, the problem with French Men is they don't bath enough and....they live in France :-)