Random Observations on Life

Random Observations on Life

Over time, owners do resemble their dogs!


This is a blog about a dog. Well not really. This is the more about the ramblings of the dog's dutiful owner, Blue's Dad. Although Blue might be the backdrop of this whole experiment, there's no telling where this trail will lead me. I apologize ahead of time for the randomness of my observations. I've always tended to color outside the lines.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back Yard-Before and After

This posting is not funny or controversial, but some of you have asked to see how the progress on our back yard is going.

Two years ago when Bluesmom and I moved in, the back yard was unfinished and full of weeds but we knew it could make a great play place for bluesbro and bluessisses.

We've almost got it complete, so I wanted to share the results.

I've attached pics at the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE since I can't figure out how to get them up here. Oh well.

It will look much better when the trees have grown and the bushes are full, but that may take many years and I wanted to share it now.

The most prominent feature of our back yard is a retention pond which holds a little runoff two or three times per year. We put grass down and now it is a great place for Blue and the boy to run.

Bluesmom's favorite feature is the rock wall which separates blues poo area from the rest of the yard. If you look close, you can see Blue's own private fire hydrant.

Run, Blue, Run!

9 comments:

glen said...

Hey Little brudder It looks real good. back here in arkansaw we don't have to plant grass it just grows and grows and grows and grows and ..............

Blue's Dad said...

Yes, I hear all kinds or grass grows wild back there :-)

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

Hey! I love the yard. Wow! Tons of yard. Who "gets" to mow all that grass? I agree with "Bluesmom" as the wall appears to me my favorite part, too. Did you do all of the work? That is a lot of work. We are way behind you. We are five years overdue working on our backyard. We have already had to ditch "plan A" since our idea of rocking the entire hill was WAY too much work. I hope to have pics of my backyard up sometime before summer ends.... Your house is gorgeous. I do have plans someday to come see it!

Blue's Dad said...

My promise to myself is that I am going to make it through this summer without a riding lawnmower. I should be pretty buff by then :-)

Phae-Jae said...

I don't know, I kinda like the before.

That's a lie, a big lie.

I really want to come to Utah and roll around in your back yard:D

Lloyd said...

What a beautiful yard and home!!!!
Lots of work involved, but it is just beautiful. I love Blue's own fire hydrant. What a lucky dog!!!

mindyluwho said...

I'm the color of your lawn right now with envy. Your yard looks HUGE!

I thought about you the other day. I was at a meeting regarding my daughters upcoming dance performance and they asked people to NOT to save a whole row of seats, but to just limit it to three. So you see, you are not alone!

By the way, I'm Sam's sister, nice to meet you!

Blue's Dad said...

Thanks Mindyluwho!
Maybe the organizer of the event read my rant! Just kidding but thanks for stopping by. Nice meeting you.

Shari said...

The yard looks great. I love the fire hydrant. Paco would be turning over in his grave if he knew, but then again, Paco could not reach the hydrant. My favorite part of the whole thing is that I am glad your next door neighbor took down his "Y" flag. lol We will have to come up sometime and see it in person. I will just have to watch out so I do not bump into Phaedra while rollong in the grass.

Karl